Thursday, October 1, 2009

The first day of school

Brooklyn started 7th grade on August 12, 2009...


Carson started 5th grade on August 12, 2009...


Seth started 1st grade on August 12, 2009...

Kaymbria started preschool on September 9, 2009...


And, after 125 long, painful, emotional, difficult, and sometimes wonderful days, Bobby returned to school on September 30, 2009.
I stopped by to bring lunch to him, and as I turned the corner from the stairway to walk down the hall to his classroom, I saw a crowd of students at his doorway. Inside his classroom were balloons from some students. And a typical example of what he experienced with his return put a smile on my face as I watched it happen- a group of boys came up to him, hugging and welcoming him back. One gave him a big bear hug saying "Mr. Boice!!! I haven't even met you, but I love you!!" Others made him cookies, some interrupted his classes and walked right into his room to see him and welcome him back. I share in their joy, with just a tinge of sadness. I have grown quite fond of having him around, especially lately, as he's started to become himself again. Physically, the day was difficult for him to endure, but emotionally, I think a step in the right direction.





2 comments:

  1. Kristen and Bobby,

    We're glad to hear that your family is on the path to full recovery. When we were going through all of my medical problems we learned first hand, I'm sure you have learned as well, how the Lord blesses us daily and answers our prayers. Though it is never easy or something we desire to happen to us, there is a purpose in all things. Please let Jen know what we can do to help. You are always in our prayers. Bobby, isn't great how the kid welcome you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kristen, what a happy "ending." I know it's not over, but it's been a powerful and inspiring story to follow. You've been in our thoughts and prayers, and I just can't tell you how happy I am for your family. Bobby looks great. And Brooklyn is in 7th grade!? So crazy! I remember her as a little 18 month old in nursery! My oldest is in 3rd grade and I thought THAT was crazy! Anyway, your family is just beautiful, and I'm pretty sure you're getting younger instead of older... not fair! :)

    ReplyDelete