Saturday, July 11, 2009

Chemotherapy #2



Thursday, July 9 was Bobby's second chemo infusion. We were there for about 5 hours, and everything went well. He slept for a brief time, but mostly we talked while we had so much time to ourselves. An amazing thing has happened to him... he has been very introspective since receiving the diagnosis, and has a completely different outlook on life now. I guess when death stares you in the face it can be life changing in so many ways. He actually told me Thursday night that he is so grateful to have cancer. He now views this disease as a huge blessing in his life. I hope that when he is well someday he will take the time to share with you his thoughts. His perspective is wonderfully positive and hopeful for a bright future, and I'm certain that is helping him endure the terrible side effects. Where once, not long ago he was depressed and despairing, I find him now saying "I can't wait until I'm better so we can..."

2 comments:

  1. Life is such an interesting teacher...Test first, lesson afterward. Not always an easy way to learn, but there is comfort to be found in knowing there will always be a lesson. I don't think anyone who really knows Bobby (or you) is surprised that he is finding strength and power as he's wrestling with the side effects. As always, we are fervently praying for all of you and continue to cheer you on as you fight the good fight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in awe at how well your family is handling this trial. You are truly an inspiration. Thank you for sharing your experience through your blog...by doing so I'm sure you are helping others in ways that you'll never know. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    Maren

    ReplyDelete