Sunday, July 12, 2009

Radiation #17- the half way day!





First, Bobby lays on the table and puts on the wrist straps. These pull his shoulders down and keeps tension there so he stays completely still. I think I was told that this is also a protective measure as well to keep as much out of the field of x-ray as possible.


Next, Bobby's new friend Clarence puts on his shield and locks it into place.


The technicians then begin to align the machine as precisely as they can with the markings on his shield.



Lastly, we all leave the room and he begins his treatment. In less than 10 minutes he's finished with the machine that's worth more than 2 million dollars, and the following day he gets to do it all again. I am so grateful for the state-of-the-art technology available to us. He's officially half way done with his treatment, and he says that the lump is smaller now than when he first felt it shaving several months ago. Both of his doctors recently commented on how well he is doing at this stage of treatment. Things are in no way easy for us right now, but we both realize that it could be so much worse. Thank you for your prayers and thoughts. It means more to us than you will ever know!

2 comments:

  1. Kristin, I have to thank you for being so strong while you are going through this. I started to cry when I read about your husband at the gym. I had such a hard time with what you are going through, then to know you are staying strong and believing in the Lord, I prayed through my workout for Bobby, you and your family. You were so helpful to me when Mark was deployed, always so positive. Please, if you need anything let me know. I will be praying for you all. Love & hugs,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now catching up on things...sorry! I just wanted to let you know we are always thinking and praying for all of you daily. You keep popping into my head when I hear of someone else either struggling or who has struggled with cancer. I still would love to chat with you one of these days but I know how things are for you so, just wanted you to know you're all continuously in our hearts! And as my dad always told me through life and especially through our medical trials, "Keep your chin up!"...no pun intended! :) And thank you for sharing all that you do, it gives hope to many as well! We love you! ~Jen

    ReplyDelete