Friday, July 17, 2009

Superman!

This morning Bobby shared something with me that was so amusing I just had to share it here as well. As I was getting ready to leave and teach class Bobby came into our room and said "Good news!" Great! I thought. We need some good news! He then proceeded to tell me about a conversation he had just had with *James* (whose name I have changed... you know, to protect the innocent, or something like that!). It went something like this:



"Hi Bobby, How are you feeling today?" asks James. "Ok" Bobby replies. "Is your throat hurting really bad?" asks James. "Yeah, it hurts a little more everyday, but that just means the radiation is working" says Bobby. "But it's killing the cells, right?" asks James. "Yeah, it's killing the cancer cells, but a lot of the good ones too." After a brief pause James says "Wouldn't it be cool to have super human powers?" Bobby chuckles a bit and says yes, that would be cool. Then James tells him "You have about a one in twenty chance of getting super powers from the radiation." Even more amused now, Bobby says, "Oh, really?" Then James says "Yes, but it has to be from gamma radiation."



We got a good laugh, and then speculated on what kind of super powers he would have after he was done with treatment. You know, one in twenty is pretty good odds!! My vote was for superman. After all, he pretty much IS superman to me already. But if he could take me flying all around the world some night, that would just be the icing on the cake!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! Kids really do know how to brighten our days when we least expect them to. It's really wonderful to hear that things seem to be going pretty well so far and that Bobby is responding to the treatment so dramatically... you never know maybe there is a little "gamma radiation" in there! If he is Superman then you are certainly Superwoman! All our best,
    Amelia and Dennis

    ReplyDelete